Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the main difference between Brick Masonry and Stone Masonry. Comparison and Differences.
Comparison and Difference between Brick Masonry and Stone Masonry
1. Brick Masonry are uniform in shape and size while Stone Masonry are not of uniform shape and size.
2. Brick Masonry are light in weight as compared to Stone Masonry.
3. Brick Masonry do not require any dressing while the Stone requires dressing.
4. Stones are not easily available while the bricks are available easily.
5. Bricks laying is easy than Stone Masonry.
6. In brickwork, mortar joints are thin while in Stonework, mortar joints are thick.
7. Brick Masonry are less water tight than Stone.
8. Brick Masonry have better fire resistance than Stone.
9. The cost of construction of brickwork is less.
10. Brick Masonry are not much strong. Stone Masonry are stronger.