Differentiate, distinguish, compare and explain what is the main difference between asexual and sexual reproduction.
Difference between asexual and sexual reproduction
1. In asexual reproduction, only one parent plant is involved. In sexual reproduction, both male and female parents are involved.
2. Asexual reproduction occurs in uni-sexual plants. Sexual reproduction occurs in bisexual plants.
3. Asexual reproduction occurs in lower plants. Sexual reproduction occurs in higher plants.
4. Reproductive organs are not present in asexual whereas fully developed reproductive parts are present in sexual reproduction.
5. In most of the methods the original parent disappears in asexual reproduction whereas the original parents remain alive after process of sexual
6. Process like gamete formation or fertilization is not seen in asexual whereas fertilization of gametes give rises to zygote in sexual reproduction.
7. Characteristics of only one parent is inherited in asexual. Characteristics of both parents are inherited in sexual.
8. No need of seeds in asexual reproduction process. Seeds are used to get new plants from a flower in sexual reproduction process.