Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the Difference between Acute Diseases and Chronic Disease. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Acute diseases and Chronic disease
1. In acute disease, symptoms last for a short period of time. In chronic disease, symptoms persist for a longer duration and may last lifetime.
2. Acute disease occurs in sudden onset of disease or injury. Chronic disease develop slowly and gradually.
3. In acute disease, patient may recover fast and is free from symptoms. In chronic disease, patient does not recover completely. It tales a longer time to get relief.
4. Acute disease may not require hospitalization. Chronic disease may require hospitalization and longer treatment.
5. Example of Acute disease cold, sore throat, influenza etc. example of Chronic disease is TB, Diabetes, heart diseases Arthritis. etc.
6. Weight loss does not occur and one does not feel short of breath in Acute disease. Weight loss does occur and one does feel short of breath in chronic disease.