Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between Anabolism and Catabolism. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Anabolism and Catabolism
1. Anabolism is the sum of total of building uo or constructive process. Catabolism is a destructive process or the sum of total of breakdowns.
2. Anabolism produces complex materials from the simple ones whereas Catabolism process forms the simple substance from the complex ones.
3. Anabolism stores energy while Catabolism releases energy.
4. In anabolism process, kinetic energy is changed into potential energy. In catabolism process, the potential energy is changed into kinetic energy.
5. Anabolism is required for the growth, maintenance and storage. Catabolism is required for performing various activities of the livng beings.
6. Anabolism offers fewer types of presursors from the diverse products. In catabolism many types of larger substances breakdown up to form fewer types of simple molecules.