Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the Difference between Biosphere reserve and National park. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Biosphere reserve and National park
1. Biosphere reserve is ecosystem oriented, i.e. supports all forms of life in the reserve system. National park is habitat for particular wild animal species.
2. Size of Biosphere reserve ranges up to 5670 sq km. In India, the most common average size of National park is 100 – 500 sq km (in about 40% of cases) and 500 -1000 sq km (in about 15% of cases). The average size ranges from .04 to 3162 sq km.
3. Both in the National park and Bio-reserve park boudoirs are fixed by legislation.
4. Except the buffer zone, both the parks have no biotic interference.
5. Tourism in not permissible in Biosphere reserve parks whereas Tourism is permissible in National parks.
6. Biosphere park are well scientifically managed and attention provided whereas in National park scientific management is lacking. and no attention is provided.