Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between Conventional and Virtual Instrumentation. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Conventional and Virtual Instrumentation
1. Conventional Instrumentation has pre-defined hardware components. Virtual Instrumentation has a user-defined measurement system.
2. Conventional Instrumentation has limited functionality due to hardcoded functions. Virtual Instrumentation has versatile functionality using customizable software.
3. Conventional Instrumentation has complex and expensive hardware. Virtual Instrumentation has complex hardware functionality implemented in software.
4. In conventional instrumentation re-calibration is required. Re-calibration is not required in virtual instrumentation.
5. Conventional Instrumentation is bulky and stimulus specific. Virtual Instrumentation is compact and portable.