Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the Difference between Flywheel and Governor. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Flywheel and Governor
1. The Flywheel stores the energy and gives up the energy whenever required during cycle. Governor regulates the speed by regulating the quantity of charge of prime mover.
2. Flywheel has no control over the quantity of working fluid. Governor takes care of quantity of working fluid.
3. Flywheel regulates the speed during one cycle only. Governor regulates the speed over period of time.
4. Flywheel is not essential element for every Prime mover. Governor is an essential element of a Prime mover.
5. Flywheel is used in Toys, IC engines and hand watches. Governor is used in automobile vehicles.