Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the Difference between Flywheel and Governor. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Flywheel and Governor
1. The Flywheel stores the energy and gives up the energy whenever required during a cycle. Governor regulates the speed by regulating the quantity of charge of a prime mover.
2. The flywheel has no control over the quantity of working fluid. Governor takes care of the quantity of working fluid.
3. Flywheel regulates the speed during one cycle only. Governor regulates the speed over a period of time.
4. The flywheel is not an essential element for every Prime mover. Governor is an essential element of a Prime mover.
5. Uses of the Flywheel: In Toys, IC engines, and hand watches. Uses of the Governor: In automotive vehicles.