Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the Difference between Grout and Mortar. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Grout and Mortar
1. Grout is less stiffer. Mortar is more stiffer
2. Grout is generally made of cement, water and sand whereas Mortar is generally of lime, water, sand and cement.
3. Grout act as a filler in between tiles. Mortar binds bricks and stones.
4. Grout serves as a filler. Mortar serves as a tile bed.
5. Grouts are available in many colors whereas Mortar are available in fewer options.