Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the Difference between Himalayan Rivers and Peninsular Rivers . Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Himalayan Rivers and Peninsular Rivers
1. Himalayan rivers are perennial and flow throughout the year. A large number of peninsular rivers are seasonal and flow during certain period in a year.
2 Himalayan Rivers receive water from rainfall and melting snub of the mountains and glaciers.Peninsular Rivers
receive water from rainfall only.
3. The Himalayan rivers have long courses. The peninsular river have short and shallow courses.
4. Himalayan rivers carry a lot silt and sand. Peninsular Rivers carry very less or no silt and sand.
5. Himalayan rivers originate from the North of the Himalayan mountain range. Peninsular rivers mainly originate in the Western Ghats.
6. Himalayan rivers drainage basins are very large. Peninsular rivers drainage basins are small
7. Himalayan rivers form big deltas. Peninsular rivers form small deltas.
8. Himalayan rivers are useful for Irrigation, cultivation and navigation. Peninsular rivers are seasonal and flow over rocky areas and are not useful for cultivation and navigation.