Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the Difference between Jovian and Terrestrial Planets. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Jovian and Terrestrial Planets
1. Jovian Planets are beyond the orbit of Mars. Terrestrial Planets are closer to Sun and lie between Sun and the Jupiter.
2. Jovian Planets have structure similar to Jupiter. Terrestrial Planets have structure similar to Earth.
3. Jovian Planets have large number of moons and they are bigger in size. Terrestrial Planets have less number of moons (satellites) which are smaller is size.
4. Jovian Planets are bigger in size but have less density. Terrestrial Planets are smaller in size and are dense.
5. Most of Jovian Planets possesses rings around them. Terrestrial Planets do not have rings around them.
6. Examples of Jovian Planets are: Jupiter, Saturn Neptune, Uranus. Examples of Terrestrial Planets are: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars.