Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between m-Learning and e-Learning. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between m-Learning and e-Learning
1. M-Learning aims to quick knowledge transfer and quick accessibility of data and information. e-Learning is for core understanding and retention of specific skills or in-depth knowledge about the subject.
2. In terms of approach, m-learning is more flexible and informal than e-learning which is actually a formal learning.
3. M-learning is delieverd via platforms like mobile phones and tablets. e_learning is deievered via desktops or laptops.
4. m-Learning can be accessed from anywhere at any time. e-Learning even though it can be accessed using WBT, it is static.
5. Content on m-learning platforms have easy and quick navigation and more interactive with videos, pictures and checklists. It is more concise with micro lessons. Content in e-Learning are detailed information and graphics with the usage of videos, media and game-based learning.
6. Approximate duration of a lecture in m-Learning is between 3 to 10 minutes whereas e-Learning lecture duration is approx 20 minutes to 1 hour.