Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the Difference between Metallic minerals and Non-metallic minerals. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Metallic minerals and Non-metallic minerals
1. Minerals from which metals are extracted are called metallic minerals. Minerals consisting of non-metals are called non-metallic minerals.
2. Metallic minerals are malleable and ductile. Non-metallic minerals are neither malleable nor ductile.
3. Metallic minerals are associated with igneous and metamorphic rocks. Non-metallic minerals are associated with sedimentary rocks.
4. Metallic minerals are usually hard and have shine or luster of their own. Non-metallic minerals are not so hard and have no shine or luster of their own.
5. Examples of Metallic Minerals are: iron, copper, bauxite, tin, manganese etc. Examples of Non-metallic minerals are: coal, salt, clay etc.