Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between On-premise ERP and Cloud ERP. Comparison and Differences.
Comparison and Difference between On-premise ERP and Cloud ERP
1. In On-premises ERP, implementations process take time. In Cloud ERP, implementations are quick.
2. In On-premises ERP, customization is expensive whereas, in a Cloud-based system, most configurations are simple.
3. In On-premises ERP has a core dependency on IT resources. Cloud-based ERP system doesn’t require the high number of staff to manage. Also, IT software packages requirement are not needed.
4. In On-premises system, upgrades are expensive. In Cloud ERP system, upgrades are seamless and inclusive.
5. In On-premises ERP, hardware cost is an overhead. In Cloud system, there are no hardware costs.
6. On-premises ERP takes heavy initial investments to acquire infra. Cloud system has billing subscription-based.