Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the Difference between Ozone and Oxygen. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Ozone and Oxygen
1. Ozone (03) is a triatomic molecule, consisting of three oxygen atoms. Oxygen is a diatomic molecule, consisting of only two oxygen atoms.
2. Ozone has a strong, pungent odour. Oxygen is odourless.
3. Ozone gas at lower atmospheric levels can be harmful. It is a deadly poison. Oxygen is not a harmful gas.
4. Ozone is less stable than oxygen.
5. Ozone can absorb harmful Ultraviolet UV light. Oxygen cannot absorb harmful UV light.