Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the Difference between Red and White Blood Cell. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Red and White Blood Cell
1. Red Blood Cell also in short known as RBC are smaller in size and more numerous in number, i.e., Number of RBCs per cubic millimeter of blood is 5 million. White Blood Cell also in short known as WBC are larger in size and fewer in number, i.e., Number of WBCs per cubic millimeter of blood is only 8000.
2. Red Blood Cells are non-nucleated, biconcave disc-like cells. White Blood Cells are nucleated and amoeboid cells and keep on changing their shape.
3. RBCs contain hemoglobin (respiratory pigment). WBCs do not contain hemoglobin.
4. RBCs can not diffuse out through capillary wall. WBCs can diffuse out through capillary walls.
5. RBCs help in gaseous transport. WBCs help in killing bacteria and foreign particles.
6. RBCs settle together to form rouleaux (i.e., stack over each other due to abnormal shape). WBCs do not form rouleaux.