Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the Difference between Traditional Power Grid and Smart Grid. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Traditional Power Grid and Smart Grid
1. Traditional Power Grid works on Mechanization while Smart Grid works on Digitization.
2. Traditional Power Grid offers one way communication whereas Smart Grid offers two way communication.
3. In Traditional Power Grid there is centralized power generation. In Smart grid, there is distributed power generation.
4. Traditional Power Grid works on radial topology. Smart grid works on network topology.
5. Traditional power grids have small number of sensors. Smart grids have sufficient sensors and monitors.
6. Traditional power grid has no automatic monitoring whereas smart grid has automatic monitoring.
7. Traditional power grid has manual recovery options whereas smart grids has semi-automatic and automatic recovery options.