Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between Binary Fission and Multiple Fission process. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Binary Fission and Multiple Fission
1. In binary fission, two daughters forms individually. In Multiple fission, numbers of individual daughters are produced.
2. In binary, nucleus of the parent body divides only once whereas in multiple fission, nucleus of the parent divides repeatedly.
3. In binary fission, no residue is left. In multiple fission, residue id left behind.
4. Binary fission occurs in a favorable condition. Multiple fission can take place in favorable as well as in unfavorable conditions.
5. Binary fission takes the organism immortal whereas immortality is absent in multiple fission.
6. Examples of binary fission are: Bacteria, Amoeba, Euglena, Paramecium, Planaria. Examples of Multiple fission are: Amoeba, Plasmodium, Monocystis.