Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between Blind spot and Yellow spot. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Blind spot and Yellow spot
1. Blind spot lies a little away from the yellow spot. Yellow spot lies exactly opposite the centre of the cornea.
2. Blind spot contains no pigment. Yellow spot has a yellow pigment.
3. Optic nerve starts from blind spot. No nerve starts from yellow spot.
4. Blind spot lacks a depression. Yellow spot has a shallow depression, the fovea centralis, at its middle.
5. Blind spot lacks visual receptors and is insensitive to light. Yellow spot has visual receptors and is sensitive to light.
6. The eye coats are absent at blind spot. Eye coats are present at yellow spot.
7. No image is formed at Blind spot. Yellow spot is point of greatest visual acuity.