Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the main difference between Boiling and Evaporation in physics and science.
Difference between Boiling and Evaporation
1. A process in which a substance changes its state from the liquid state to the gaseous state is called boiling. Evaporation is a process whereby the water changes into vapour without boiling
2. Boiling process is quick as compared to evaporation.
3. In the boiling, bubbles are formed whereas in evaporation no bubbles formed.
4. Boiling occurs throughout the liquid. Evaporation takes place only from the exposed surface of the liquid.
5. Boiling occurs at a definite temperature known as a boiling point. Evaporation occurs at all temperatures.
6. In boiling, the source of energy is needed. In evaporation, energy is supplied by surroundings.