Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between Cardiac and Striated muscle.
Difference between Cardiac and Striated muscle
1. Cardiac muscle is present in the wall of the heart, pulmonary veins and superior vena cava. Striated muscle is present in the limbs, body walls, tongue, pharynx and beginning of oesophagus.
2. Fibers are branched and uninucleate in Cardiac. Fibers are unbranched and multinucleate in striated muscle.
3. Oblique bridges and intercalated discs are present in Cardiac. No oblique bridges and intercalated discs in striated.
4. In Cardiac muscle, nerve supply from the brain and autonomic nervous system. In striated muscle, nerve supply from central nervous system.
5. Cardiac muscle never get fatigued. Striated muscle soon.get fatigued.
6. Cardiac muscle are involuntary. Striated are voluntary.