Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the main difference between Cerebrum and Cerebellum.
Difference between Cerebrum and Cerebellum
1. A Cerebrum is the largest part of the brain, forming four-fifths of its weight. A Cerebellum is the second largest part of the brain, forming one-eighth of its mass.
2. A Cerebrum is a part of the forebrain. A Cerebellum is a part of the hindbrain.
3. Cerebrum consists of 2 cerebral hemispheres each comprising 4 lobes: frontal, occipital, parietal, temporal. Cerebellum consists of two cerebellar hemispheres and a median vermis.
4. White matter does not form arbor vitae in the cerebrum. White matter form arbor vitae in the cerebellum.
5. Cerebrum initiates voluntary movements and is a seat of will, intelligence, memory etc. Cerebellum maintains posture and equilibrium.