Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between clayey and sandy soil.
Difference between Clayey and Sandy Soil
- In the clayey soil, the proportion of fine particles is higher whereas in sandy soil the proportion of large particles is higher.
- In the clayey-soil, the particles are packed tightly while in the sandy-soil the particles are loosely packed.
- Clayey can hold a good amount of water whereas sandy ability to retain water is low.
- From clayey soil, Water cannot drain quickly while from the sandy soil Water can drain quickly.
- Clayey soil is heavy in weight whereas sandy soil is light in weight.
- In clayey, less air is trapped between the particles while in sandy more air is trapped between the particles.
- Clayey soil is rich in humus whereas sandy soil is not rich in humus.