Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between clayey and sandy soil. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Clayey and Sandy Soil
1. In the clayey soil, the proportion of fine particles is higher whereas in sandy soil the proportion of large particles is higher.
2. In the clayey-soil, the particles are packed tightly while in the sandy-soil the particles are loosely packed.
3. Clayey can hold a good amount of water whereas sandy ability to retain water is low.
4. From clayey soil, Water cannot drain quickly while from the sandy soil Water can drain quickly.
5. Clayey soil is heavy in weight whereas sandy soil is light in weight.
6. In clayey, less air is trapped between the particles while in sandy more air is trapped between the particles.
7. Clayey soil is rich in humus whereas sandy soil is not rich in humus.