Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between Discrete and Continuous Data.
Difference between Discrete and Continuous Data
1. A set of data is said to be discrete if the values belonging to the set are distinct and separate. A set of data is said to be continuous if the values belonging to the set can take on any value within a finite or infinite interval.
2. Discrete data refers to data with well-defined boundaries or in otherwise an empty space. Continuous data values are distributed across a surface without interruption.
3.Discrete data can take on only integer values whereas continuous data can take on any value.
4. Discrete data can be counted whereas continuous data can be measured.
5. Discrete data can be represented in the form of digital signal while continuous data can be represented in the form of analog signal.
6. In discrete, there is nothing in between, whereas in continuous there is always something in between.