Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between English bond and Flemish bond.
Comparison and Difference between English Bond and Flemish Bond
- For walls of thickness one and half bricks or more the strength is more for English Bond. For walls of one brick thickness Flemish Bond gives greater strength.
- In english-bond, appearance on the facing is not pleasing. In flemish-bond, appearance on the facing is pleasing.
- In the first, it does not require skilled labour. In the second one, skilled labour is required.
- English Bond are More Costly. Flemish Bond are less costly due to using brick bats.
- English bond requires less mortar as compared to flemish.