Compare, distinguish and explain what is the difference between Excel and Access.
Difference between Excel and Access
1. Excel is used for data analysis. Access is used for data management.
2. Excel displays mathematical and logical data. Access is used to display and store data subsets, data structuring and complex queries.
3. In excel user can perform calculations and statistical comparisons. Access is the automation of common events.
4. Excel can generate easily sharable outputs. Access performs data management with multiple users.
5. In Excel, user can perform conditional formatting and chart management. Access is used to generate reports for data summarisation.