Distinguish, compare and explain what is the difference between Fertilizers and Manure. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Fertilizers and Manure
1. Fertilizers are commercially available plant nutrients. Manure is a natural substance prepared by Me decomposition of animal excreta and plant wastes.
2. Fertilizers can be organic or inorganic in nature. Manure is known to have a large quantity of organic materials and very little amount of plant nutrients.
3. Fertilizers ensure healthy growth and development of plants by providing them with nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, etc. Manure help in enriching the soil with organic matter and nutrients.
4. The addition of fertilizers to the soil requires special guidelines such as dose time, post addition precautions, etc to be followed. The addition of manure does not require any special guidelines.
5. A Fertilizer does not provide any humus to the soil. Manure provides humus to the soil and increases soil fertility.
6. Its excessive use causes water pollution. It cannot replenish organic matter of soil. It protects the environment and helps in recycling farm waste.