Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between LAN and WAN.
Comparison and Difference between LAN and WAN
1. LAN Covers small geographical area. WAN covers large or wide geographical area.
2. In local area network, computers are directly connected through physical cable for data transmission. In wide area network, no physical cable or wire is
used and data is sent and received through microwave system or satellite.
3. In local area network, LAN card is used for data transmission. In WAN, modem is used for data transmission.
4. In LAN. data transmission speed is very high. In WAN, data transmission speed is slow.
5. Installation and configuration cost is less than WAN. Installation and configuration cost is higher than LAN.