Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the main difference between Logic Analyzer and MSO in test and measuring instruments. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Logic Analyzer and MSO
1. In logic analyzer, typical/maximum channel count is 68/204+ while in MSO is 16/32.
2. In logic analyzer, triggering is advanced sequential while in MSO it is Single event across analog and digital.
3. Serial bus triggering and decode is extremely limited in logic analyzer while in MSO it is present for I2C, SPI, CAN LIN, FlexRay, RS-232/UART, JTAG, USB
4. In bot logic analyzer and in MSO, time analysis (synchronous sampling) is present.
5. In logic analyzer, state analysis (asynchronous sampling) is present with separate channels for clocks while in MSO it is not present as there is no clock input.