Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between peer to peer and client server networks.
Comparison and Difference between Peer to Peer and Client Server
- Type of user: In Peer to Peer users are from homes and small businesses. In Client Server users are large corporations, schools, and hospitals.
- Size of organization: First one has limited number of workstations. Second one has large number of workstations
- Administration in Peer to Peer model is done by user. Administration in Client Server model is done by central administrator.
- Security: Individual users. Network administrator.
- Network traffic: Limited number of users. Large number of users.
- Cost: Inexpensive to implement. Usually more expensive than peer-to-peer.
- Scalability: Limited growth. High growth projected.