Compare, distinguish and explain what is the difference between Plant and Animal Tissue. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Plant and Animal Tissue
1. In plant, tissue organisation is targeted towards stationery habit of plants. In animal, tissue organisation is targeted towards mobility of animals.
2. Organisation is simple in plant tissue. Organisation is complex in animal tissue.
3. Many of the tissues are dead in plants, for example: Cork. Most of the tissues are living in animals.
4. Growth is confined to certain areas in plant tissues. Growth is not limited to areas in animal tissues.
5. Less maintenance energy required in plants. More maintenance energy required in animals.
6. Plants grow continuously throughout life. After reaching maturity stage animals do not show further growth.