Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between Plastering and Pointing.
Comparison and Difference between Plastering and Pointing
- Plastering provides an even, regular and smooth surface. Pointing does not provide an even, regular and smooth surface.
- Plastering conceals the defective workmanship. Pointing cannot conceal the defective workmanship.
- Plastering covers the complete surface of the masonry. Pointing covers only the joints of the masonry.
- Plastering protects the complete surface of masonry from weather effect. Pointing protect only the joints from the masonry effect.
- Plastering provides a satisfactory base or ground fro decorating the surface by applying white-washing etc. Pointing does not provide a satisfactory base or ground for decorating the surface by applying white-washing etc.