Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between Plastering and Pointing. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Plastering and Pointing
1. Plastering provides an even, regular and smooth surface. Pointing does not provide an even, regular and smooth surface.
2. Plastering conceals the defective workmanship. Pointing cannot conceal the defective workmanship.
3. Plastering covers the complete surface of the masonry. Pointing covers only the joints of the masonry.
4. Plastering protects the complete surface of masonry from weather effect. Pointing protect only the joints from the masonry effect.
5. Plastering provides a satisfactory base or ground fro decorating the surface by applying white-washing etc. Pointing does not provide a satisfactory base or ground for decorating the surface by applying white-washing etc.