What is the difference between Raster and Vector Image ?
What is the difference between Vector and Raster Image ?
Difference between Raster and Vector Image
- Raster images are made of pixels (tiny dots). Vector images are made of mathematical calculation that form objects and lines.
- Raster image can be scaled at the cause of losing quality. Vector image can be scaled to any size with same quality and can be printed top any resolution.
- Raster images require extra time to be converted into vector. Vector images can be easily converted into raster.
- File types of Raster Image are PSD, TIFF, BMP, PNG, JPG, GIF. File types of Vector Image are EPS, AI, CDR.
- Raster Images are perfect for printing and photographs. Vector images are good for engraving and sandblasting.