Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the main difference between Rods and Cones in Human Eye. Differences and Comparison.
Difference between Rods and Cones in Human Eye
1. In Rods, outer segment is cylindrical and contains rhodopsin. In Cones, outer segment is conical and contains iodopsin.
2. In Rods, the inner end has a small knob. In Cones, inner end is branched.
3. Rods are sensitive to dim light and give twilight vision. Cones are sensitive to bright light and give daylight vision.
4. All rod cells are alike and do not give color vision in Rods. Cones cells are of 3 types: blue, green and red, and give color vision.
5. In Rods, insufficient rhodopsin results in night blindness. In Cones, insufficient iodopsin results in color blindness.
6. Rod cells are far more numerous than cone cell which is fewer.
Differences between Rods and Cones
Comparison between Rods and Cones
Differentiate between Cones and Rods
Compare between Cones and Rods