Differentiate, distinguish, compare and explain what is the main difference between Striated Unstriated and Cardiac muscle.
Difference between Striated Unstriated and Cardiac Muscle
Difference between Striated muscle, Unstriated muscle and Cardiac muscle on the basis of structure:
1. In striated muscle, cells are cylindrical. In unstriated muscle, cells are long. In cardiac muscle, cells are cylindrical.
2. Cells are not branched in striated and unstriated muscle. Cells are branched in cardiac muscle.
3. Cells are multinucleate in striated muscle. Cells are uninucleate in unstriated and cardiac muscle.
4. In striated, alternate light and dark bands are present. In unstriated muscle, there are no bands present. In cardiac, faint bands are present.
5. In striated, ends are blunt. In unstriated, ends are tapering. In cardiac, ends are flat and wavy.
Difference between Striated muscle, Unstriated muscle and Cardiac muscle on the basis of location:
1. Striated muscles are present in body parts such as hands, legs, tongue, etc. Unstriated muscles control the movement of food in the alimentary canal, the
contraction and relaxation of blood vessels, etc. Cardiac muscles control the contraction and relaxation of the heart.