Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the main and major structural differences between arteries and veins capillaries. Comparison and Difference.
Differences between arteries and veins
1. Arteries carries blood away from your heart to tissues of the body. Veins carries blood from tissues of body to the heart.
2. Arteries are found deeper within the body. Veins are usually found closer beneath the skin.
3. Arteries more muscular than veins.
4. Artery would generally remain open even if flow stops because of the muscular structure. Vein collapse if blood flow stops.
5. Artery have thick layer of muscles and elastic fibers. Veins have thin layer of muscles and elastic fibers.