Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the differences between bacteria and viruses.
Differences between bacteria and viruses
- We need Microscope to see bacteria. Viruses are smaller then Bacteria.
- Bacteria need warmth, moisture and nutrients to grow while virus depends on living hosts.
- Bacteria are divided into Aerobes and Anaerobes. Virus comes in ‘Non Living’.
- Bacteria may be a Saprophytes or a Parasites. Virus are always Parasites.
- Bacteria may be harmful or may be useful depending on circumstances. Virus are always harmful.
- Harms which may be caused by bacteria are: Can cause diseases, example tetanus, TB, pneumonia, sore throats, food poisoning, cholera etc. Virus harms and
cause diseases like Measles, Mumps, Poli, Flu, Cold Sores, Aids etc.
- Uses of Bacteria in antibiotics, rot things. Virus are always harmful with no use.