Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the differences between CRT and LCD Monitor. Comparison and Difference.
As the technology has improved and the prices have come down, LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) monitors have rapidly been replacing CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) monitors on desktops around the world. ComputerWorld first reported that LCD sales would surpass CRT sales for the first time in 2003, a lead that it didn’t hold for good. But according to DisplaySearch, a flat panel display market research and consulting company, the sales of LCD monitors regained the lead over CRT sales in the third quarter of 2004, a lead that it should eventually hold for good.
Differences between CRT and LCD Monitor
1. CRT Monitor is less expensive. LCD Monitor is more expensive.
2. CRT takes up more desk space. LCD doesn’t take up much space.
3. CRT Monitor uses more energy. LCD Monitor is more energy efficient.
4. CRT is heavier and bulkier while other Weight’s much less.
5. CRT emits harmful radiation. LCD doesn’t emit radiation.
6. First, one is used only for PCs. The second one is used for PCs, laptops, PDAs, cellular phones.