Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the main differences between Perisperm and Pericarp. Comparison and Difference.
Differences between Perisperm and Pericarp
1. Perisperm is unused nucellus in the seed. Pericarp is the covering of fruit that develops from ovary wall.
2. Perisperm is a part of the seed. Pericarp is a part of the fruit.
3. Perisperm is usually dry. Pericarp is dry or fleshy.
4. Perisperm is often nonfunctional for seed. Pericarp is protective covering and also helps in dispersal and nutrition.
5. Perisperm is present in only a few seeds. Pericarp is found in all fruits.