Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the differences between Potentiometer and Voltmeter.
Comparison and Differences between Potentiometer and Voltmeter
- Potentiometer measure emf of cell very accurately. Voltmeter measure emf of cell approximately.
- Potentiometer does not draw any current from known emf source while measuring current. Voltmeter does not draw any current from known emf source while measuring current.
- While measuring emf, resistance of potentiometer become infinite. While measuring emf, resistance of potentiometer becomes very high but measurable.
- In the potentiometer sensitivity is high. In the voltmeter sensitivity is low.
- First one is based on null deflection method. Second one is based on deflection method.