Differentiate, distinguish, compare and explain what is the main differences between respiration and combustion.
Comparison and Differences between Respiration and Combustion
1. Respiration is a biochemical process. Combustion is a physio chemical process.
2. Respiration occurs in the living cells while Combustion does not occur in the living cells.
3. In respiration, ATP is generated. In combustion, ATP is not generated.
4. For respiration enzymes are required whereas for combustion enzymes are not required
5. Respiration is a biologically-controlled process. Combustion is an uncontrolled process.