Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the differences between transpiration and evaporation. Comparison and Difference.
Differences Between Transpiration and Evaporation
1. Transpiration is physiological process. Evaporation is physical process.
2. Transpiration is loss of water from the free surface of cells. Evaporation is loss of water from the free surface of water.
3. Transpiration is regulated process. Evaporation is non regulated process.
4. Guard cell are involved in Transpiration. There is no role of guard cell in Evaporation.
5. Transpiration is comparatively slow process. Evaporation is faster process.
6. Transpiration is influenced by anatomy of plants. There is no such influence in Evaporation.