Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic respiration. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Aerobic and Anaerobic Respiration
1. Aerobic respiration is the process of breakdown of food in the presence of oxygen whereas anaerobic respiration is the process of breakdown of food in the absence of oxygen.
2. End products of aerobic respiration are CO2 and H2O while in anaerobic respiration end products of anaerobic respiration can be lactic acid or CO2 and alcohol.
3. Aerobic respiration takes a longer time to release energy compared to anaerobic respiration.
4. Aerobic respiration produces a large amount of energy while anaerobic respiration produces the small amount of energy as compared.
5. Examples of Aerobic Respiration: It occurs in most plants and animals.
Examples of Anaerobic Respiration: Yeast, bacteria, human muscle cells, etc. respire anaerobically.