Being in good health means more than just being free from illness or disease. While being physically healthy is the first step to good health, good mental health and social well-being are also necessary. What we eat, how we live and the physical and social environment in which we live and work all affect our health. We have compiled list of famous short health quotes and sayings, quotes on health is wealth, quotes on healthy living, short health quotes and proverbs from all over the world, English proverbs about health, including Chinese and African proverbs and quotations related to good health, hygiene, and fitness.
A proverb is a short well-known expression that states a general truth or gives advice. In addition, it can pack so much wisdom in such few words. Remembering inspirational healthy sayings and using them in our language keeps us fit and well. Let’s see some of the popular quotes about health and wellness, health proverbs here on this page:
List of Famous Quotes and Proverbs on Health and Hygiene
Health Proverbs List:
- A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
- A stitch in time saves nine.
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
- Eat to live, not live to eat.
- Eat well, be active, feel good about yourself.
- Good health is above wealth.
- He shows the whiteness of his teeth.
- He whets his teeth on something.
- Health is not valued till sickness comes.
- Never let the sun go down on your anger.
- Prevention is better than cure.
- Seven days without exercise makes one weak.
- The less you eat, the longer you live.
- To get angry is to punish yourself with other people’s mistakes.
- Tri-colour meal is a good deal.
- Who has a toothache, should keep/hold his tongue on it.
- You are what you eat.