Olive oil is a fat obtained from the olive, a traditional tree crop of the Mediterranean Basin. The oil is produced by pressing whole olives and is commonly used in cooking, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals. Extra virgin is the highest quality and most expensive in olive oil classification. Let’s see some of the amazing health benefits of extra virgin olive oil.
It is a simple fruit juice without any additives, its quality and taste are influenced by the olives-varieties. It is extracted using natural methods and standardized for purity and certain sensory qualities like taste and smell. Here on these page we will see important health benefits of extra virgin olive oil.
Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- It is fairly nutritious and contains modest amounts of Vitamins E and K and plenty of beneficial fatty acid.
- Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Proper intake will decreased risk of heart diseases. Two tablespoons daily makes you more resistant to strokes and heart attack.
- It helps protect the cells that line our blood vessels from being damaged by overly reactive oxygen molecules and supports our blood vessels by providing antioxidants like like vitamin E and beta-carotene.
- Olive oil has been shown to lower risk of lipid per-oxidation (oxygen damage to fat) in our bloodstream.
- It is a particularly valuable of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
- The olive oil was first found in Asia almost 3000 years back, and has been extensively used since then as a natural remedy for healing wounds.
- It even improve your sex life.
- As a part of a balanced diet, it may help to prevent or delay the onset of diabetes.
- Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil: It is high in a type of fat known as monounsaturated fat which can help lower your cholesterol and control insulin levels.
- They could help prevent cancer and more researchers are looking into its potential for improving cognitive function and memory.
- Olive oil can now be found in everything from skin moisturizers to nail care kits.
- Reduced incidence of hypertension.
- Olive oil strengthens hair and makes it more flexible.
- Using it as a scalp conditioner moisturizes your dry scalp.
- Use as a protective seal for home made sauces or other Mediterranean dishes before you freeze them.