Wheatgrass is a food prepared from the cotyledons of the common wheat plant. It is a kind of grass in the wheat family that is filled with nutrients. It is sold either as a juice or powder concentrate. Wheatgrass juice is nature’s finest medicine. It has the nutritional equivalent of five pounds of the best raw organic vegetables. It may appear like a simple grass while the wheat malt is convectively dried. It is allowed to grow longer than malt.
It is usually grown in soil or water and consumed raw. Wheatgrass can be grown easily in just about a weeks, right in your own home. It is available commercially as a spray, cream, gel, massage lotion, and a liquid herbal supplement.
Health Benefits of Wheatgrass
Rich Source of Vitamins and Minerals
Wheatgrass is an excellent source of vitamin C, E, K, B complex, and B12 and is also rich in minerals such as cobalt, germanium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, protein, magnesium, zinc, sodium and sulphur. It also contains 17 types of amino acids and 80 types of enzymes.
Wheatgrass powder helps control weight by reducing the feeling of hunger and increasing fullness.
It is also a powerful detoxifier, especially of the liver and blood. It helps neutralize toxins and environmental pollutants in the body.
Used in Treatment of Various Diseases
It can be used in the treatment for cancer, anemia, diabetes, constipation, infections, skin conditions, ulcerative colitis and joint pain, among other health concerns.
Beneficial for Brain and All Body Tissues Function
It is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll. This is beneficial because the brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly-oxygenated environment.
Wheatgrass improves glucose and lipid levels, which means it’s a great tool for managing diabetes and stabilizing blood sugar levels.
Keep the Blood Clean and Prevents Cancer
wheatgrass works to keep the blood clean and oxygenated as well as the red blood cell count high. Cancer thrives in a low-oxygen environment, so the it contributes to cancer prevention.
Health Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice
- It’s juice is a superior detoxification agent compared to carrot juice and other fruits and vegetables.
- It’s juice contains up to 70% chlorophyll, which is also an important blood builder. Chlorophyll contains enzymes and superoxide dismutase, a copper-containing protein found in mature red blood cells. Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body and helps purify the liver. It also improves blood sugar problems.
- Cures acne and even help to remove scars
- Consuming it in the regular human diet, helps prevent tooth decay. Also gargle it for a sore throat.
- It’s juice is available as fresh produced, tablets, frozen juice and powder.
- Helps to keep the hair from graying.
- Improves Arthritis. Soak a cotton sock with 6 ounces and place on affected area, cover with plastic bag.
- Great for blood disorders of all kinds.