The carrot is a root vegetable, usually orange in color. These delicious root vegetables are the source not only of beta-carotene but also of a wide variety of antioxidants and other health-supporting nutrients. It also contains fiber, Vitamin-K, potassium, folate, manganese, phosphorous, magnesium, Vitamin-E, and zinc. When eaten raw they are an excellent food. Here on this page, we will see some of the important facts, uses and health benefits of carrots
Carrots Images, Photos, Pics, Picture
It is an excellent source of vitamin A. It is the antioxidant beta-carotene that gives them their bright orange color. Beta-carotene is absorbed in the intestine and converted into vitamin A during digestion.
Health Benefits of Carrots
- Protect Prostate Cancer: Beta-carotene-rich diet may also protect against prostate cancer.
- Health Benefits of Carrots – Protects the Skin: Vitamin A and antioxidants protect the skin from sun damage. Deficiencies of Vitamin A cause dryness to the skin, hair and nails. Vitamin A prevents premature wrinkling, acne, dry skin, pigmentation, blemishes, and uneven skin tone. Its oil is good for dry skin because it makes the skin softer, smoother and firmer. Furthermore, carrot juice improves stomach and gastrointestinal strength.
- Reduces Risk of Chronic Disease: There’s good reason to include them in your regular diet, as the science is very strong that they may help reduce your risk of chronic disease.
- Improves Immune System: Health Benefits of Carrots include it as a rich source of vitamin C, which stimulates the activity of white blood cells and is one of the most important elements in the human immune system and protects your colon and stomach from various serious illnesses, including colorectal cancer.
- Health Benefits of Carrots – Improves Eyesight: Carrots are rich in vitamin A, it is good for improving eyesight and preventing conditions like night blindness from developing as we age.
- Carrot extract may help to protect your liver.
- There intake regularly reduces cholesterol and prevent heart attacks.
- They have antiseptic qualities and also clean your teeth and mouth.
- Carrot helps in increasing the menstrual flow.
Health Benefits of Carrots Juice
- Taken regularly will nourish your body back to fertility.
- Their juices are helpful for cleansing and filtering the kidneys.
- Drinking its juice regularly during pregnancy, especially during the last few months, will reduce the chances of jaundice in baby.
- Juice in the morning taken daily help clear up thread worms in children.
- Its juice helps to eliminate excess fluids from the body.