What are the similarities between gravity and magnetism ?
Similarities between gravity and magnetism
1. Geophysical exploration techniques that employ both gravity and magnetic are passive. By this, we simply mean that when using these two methods we measure a naturally occurring field of the earth.
2. Identical physical and mathematical representations can be used to understand magnetic and gravitational forces.
3. The acquisition, reduction, and interpretation.
4. Vary from place to place.
5. Both are Vector fields.
6. Both fields are force fields.
7. Drift correction is applied in both methods.
8. Both fields exert force with a speed equal to the speed of light.
9. The gravity and magnetic methods are often referred to as potential methods and the gravitational and magnetic fields that we measure are referred to as potential fields.