Write down what are the similarities between xml and html
Similarities between xml and html
1. The first and the foremost thing similar between xml and html is that both are markup language. XML stands for Extensible Markup Language and HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language.
2. Both are derived from SGML i.e. Standard Generalized Markup Language.
3. Both uses tags to describe the content within themselves that can be parsed by an application and can be read by software and browsers. XML can have user defined tags while HTML uses standard tags.
4. Both xml and html markups are used for responses either Direct or by ALAX.
5. Both are released in 90’s
6. Both HTML and XML are used to carry information. HTML is the standard markup for the web for displaying and formatting the data whereas XML is used for data binding / handling.